Water Heating 101
Everything you need to know about water heating
Choosing a new water heater can be a difficult task. There numerous types of water heaters and water heating accounts for the 2nd largest expense in your home. Due to the fact it’s such a large expense, it’s important to make the right choice for your family when you pick out a new water heater.
The five types of water heaters are:
- This type of water heater has a low purchase cost and its life expectancy is 10-15 years. One problem with a storage water heater is that it can waste energy.
- A tankless water heater is very energy efficient when compared to a storage water heater. It provides a constant supply of hot water and its life expectancy is over 20 years!
3. Heat Pump
- A heat pump has low operating costs and can save homeowner’s up to $300 on their utility bill. This type of water heater is 3 times more efficient than a storage water heater. The life expectancy for this type of water heater is 10-15 years.
- Solar heating is a more expensive upfront cost option when it comes to water heating. It makes it worth it when it lasts over 20 years and is 50 perfect more efficient than gas or electric water heaters! It’s important to remember that if you purchase a solar water heater, you need to purchase a solar storage water heater as part of the package. There is also a federal tax credit for solar water heaters.
5. Tankless Coil and Indirect
- This option has lower installation and maintenance costs and a life expectancy of 10-11 years. This option could be considered an inefficient choice for a home’s in warmer climates.
As you can see, the average water heater life expectancy lasts around 10 to 15 years. It’s important to know your options when it comes to water heating, so when it’s time for a replacement, you can make the best choice for your home. Research all of your options early so you can make an informed option and not feel stressed about which water heater to choose. If you have any questions about water heater’s call Holland Heating and Cooling at 810-653-HEAT!