Who to Call for Air Conditioning Repair Flint, Michigan
Air Conditioning Units are necessary for the Flint area. It’s not summer yet but the hot summers of Michigan are sweltering. A reliable air conditioner is necessary to keep your family safe and comfortable. The heat outside can be deadly to small pets, children and the elderly. Reliable repair and maintenance can keep your system running in tip-top shape all year round. Finding a reliable repair service will save you money and trouble. Here are some of the services and qualities to look for in a quality Flint HVAC service:
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A company you can trust will perform routine check-ups, tune-up, and maintenance. You should perform a check-up every 6 months. Your warranty frequently requires that you perform at least two checkups a year.
What is a Tune Up?
A tune-up is when a Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning system expert checks the vital components of your system and makes adjustments to the system to keep it running smoothly.
What’s included in a standard tune-up?
A technician will inspect your indoor blower, change the air filter, check the housing for cracks and replace any refrigerant gas. Have a licensed professional perform routine maintenance tasks, including changing all filters, cleaning and flushing the coils, draining and cleaning the drainage system, and dusting the blower. The expert should check that there are no leaks and that fans are running properly You should replace an air filter at least every 6 months, preferably every 3.If a filter is clogged it can drain your system efficiency, costing you more money or even keeping the air conditioner from running at all. If a technician finds leaks in your lines or ducts, he will repair it to improve efficiency. Your thermostat should also be checked or upgraded to a programmable model. This can save you up to 33 percent on your home cooling costs.
What’s included in our Tune-up:
- Calibrate the thermostat
- Clean filters or replace filters (if necessary)
- Monitor voltage on the motor
- Lubricate/inspect belts and bearings
- Clean indoor coil necessary
- Clean the Condenser Drain
- Inspect the condenser coil
- Monitor operating pressure of refrigerant lines
- Check safety devices
- Inspect disconnect box for proper electrical rating and installation
- Tighten all wires
- Test/inspect contactors for burned contacts
- Check electrical system for exposed wires
- Test capacitors
- Inspect and clean the fan blade
- Clean condenser coil
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Check ductwork for leaks
- Monitor compressor for voltage and wiring
Here are the Ten Most Common Problems with an Air Conditioner Unit
- Outdoor Unit is not running.
- Circuit breaker trips when the unit runs
- Unit fan does not run
- Fan runs but the compressor, like in a refrigerator, is not running.
- Outdoor unit runs but indoor fan does not
- Water is leaking from unit into the house
- Ice on the unit at the condenser
- Thermostat is defective
- Some rooms are much warmer than others
- Unit runs constantly
Many of these problems have easy fixes but require a trained expert to handle them. Most simply require the replacement of an inexpensive part that is easily replaced. Since almost all these units require the unit be opened, it is best left to the professionals
How to find a qualified Professional:
It is important to find a licensed and insured company to handle your air conditioning repair needs in Flint. If you hire someone who is not licensed, there is no guarantee they can fix your unit. If something goes wrong, you will be held financially liable. Unlicensed workers do not guarantee their work and will not help you if something goes wrong. We hire only service technicians with years of experience repairing air conditioning and HVAC systems to make sure the job is done right. With our experts, you can be sure that your system is in good hands!
We fix and install all major air conditioner brands including Lennox, and just about every other brand.
We can perform any type of air conditioner service you require:
- Air Conditioning Tune-up and Maintenance
- Refrigerant Replacement
- Emergency Services
- 24 Hour Air Conditioning Calls
- High-Efficiency Units
- Heat Pumps
- Thermostat Repair and Replacement
- Whole House Filter Systems
- Central Air Units
- Humidification and Dehumidifiers
Call our licensed, trained, experts today. We will provide estimates before we begin work. Our technicians are trained in state of the art technology to provide you with the best service possible. Maintaining your system will save you money on energy bills. Regular maintenance can save you up to 40% on your cooling costs. Our fast, friendly, affordable experts are just one call away!